We're here to help you!
Advising is a process based on a close student-advisor relationship intended to help students achieve their educational, career, and personal goals through the use of the college and community resources.
An Advisor Can Help You:
- Make a plan to complete degree or certificate requirements
- Register for classes for next quarter
- Determine which academic pathway will help you reach your personal goals
- Navigate your college experience and connect to resources
- Practice decision-making skills to set yourself up for academic success
- Learn about transferring to a 4-year college or university
How do I speak with an Advisor?
From admission to graduation, students are encouraged to meet with an advisor every quarter.
Drop-in advising is available via phone or in person on a first-come, first-served basis. Advising times average around 10-15 minutes.
Extended drop-in hours are available during the first week of the quarter and Continuing Registration week from 9am-4pm PT.
Schedule an appointment
Students who have not yet applied to the College and have not received a ctcLink ID are considered prospective students.
Please call the Advising Office at (206) 546-4559 for general questions and to schedule an appointment.
If you are a new Shoreline student, have received a ctcLink ID, and have not yet registered for the upcoming quarter, please call the Advising Office at (206) 546-4559 to schedule an initial advising appointment.
Students who have not enrolled in classes in one or more quarters are considered returning students. Please call the Advising Office at (206) 546-4559 to schedule an appointment.