Tuition Payment Updates
During COVID-19 remote operations, in-person transactions are not available.
You may contact a cashier by phone at (206) 546-7850. Staff are picking up messages from this line and will return your call during regular business hours.
The Cashier can accept payment by phone with Visa or MasterCard only. Payments for past due accounts, fees, and other non-tuition related items will also be accepted.
Payment Due Dates
Tuition and fees are due:
- Tuition and fees are due within five business days of registering or by the first day of the quarter, whichever is first.
- Once the quarter begins, tuition and fees are due within 24 hours of registering.
- If awarded financial aid, your payment should be made automatically.
- If you have a remainder balance, that will be on your Bankmobile card. Use that to pay additional balances.
Netlnet Payment Plan
- An interest free payment option available to students who need to pay tuition and course fees not covered by financial aid or other sources.
- Flexible, monthly payments
- In person at the campus cashier, located in the FOSS 5000 building.
- The Cashier can accept payment via Cash, Check, Visa or MasterCard
Checks can be mailed to the Cashier:
- Please note the students ID number on the memo line of the check
- Make sure all checks are payable to Shoreline Community College
- Address and mail checks to:
Shoreline Community College
Attn: Cashier, Rm 5227
16101 Greenwood Ave N.
Shoreline, WA 98133
Automated Clearing House (ACH)
- ACH transfers are a way to move money between accounts at different banks electronically.
- Enables you to send or receive money conveniently and securely.
- More cost-efficient and user-friendly than writing checks or paying with a credit or debit card.
- Payment via ACH can be accomodated through Nelnet.