Automatic Waitlist Procedure
If your selected class is full when you attempt to register, you will be given the option of being placed on an automatic waitlist. If you join that list, you will be automatically registered if space becomes available.
When on the waiting list you should plan to attend the first day of class and inform the instructor you are still interested in registering for the class. For online classes, email the instructor and let them know of your continued interest in registering.
It is the student’s responsibility to remove themselves from waitlists as necessary and to resolve schedule conflicts within the college’s established add/drop time limits.
Registering for a full and/or waitlisted on-campus class
Prior to the end of the third day of the quarter: If space becomes available in a waitlisted class you will automatically be registered.
Beginning the fourth day of the quarter: Instructor's signature or emailed permission is required to overload into a full and/or waitlisted class, including online classes.
Registering for a full and/or waitlisted online class
After the third day of instruction, instructor's permission is required to overload into a full and/or waitlisted class, including online classes.
- Email your instructor requesting permission to register for the class. Email addresses for Shoreline faculty and staff are generally the first letter of the first name and no more than seven letters of the last name (e.g. if Leonardo DiCaprio were an instructor at the college his email address would be email@example.com).
- If you receive a reply granting permission to register, forward the instructor’s response to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Your name and student identification number
- The name and item number of the class you for which you are registering
- A request to be registered for the class
Registering via email@example.com is possible for online classes only.
Check your progress on the waiting list
Check your progress on the waitlist by going to Waitlist Inquiry. Student identification number and PIN are required. If you decide you are no longer interested in registering for a waitlisted class, please remove yourself from the waiting list as soon as possible.