Gender Equity Center
The Gender Equity Center is a friendly, supportive environment for people of all gender identities to explore, celebrate, and educate the campus community about gender issues, including Title IX, LGBTQ+ and women's rights. The center works to disrupt cycles of oppression and break down gender-based barriers through education, leadership development, and advocacy.
The space, which is open to everyone at Shoreline Community College regardless of gender, promotes dialogue by offering a variety of year-round programming and support services. It also provides leadership and direction to the Benefits Hub to promote and provide resources to students in partnership with United Way of King County and the Shoreline Community College Foundation.
What We Do
- Advocate for all students, staff, and faculty experiencing discrimination around gender identity and expression.
- Provide opportunities for continued education around Title IX, women's rights, gender identity, expression and ally-development on campus.
- Provide recommendations for best practices around gender equity with regard to facilities, curricula, and campus environment.
- Build community partnerships with LGBTQIA+ Resources.
- Private consultations for students
- Referrals to campus and community resources
- Leadership, support, and collaboration on gender equity projects and initiatives on campus