High School Transcripts
Click below to learn more about how you might be able to use your high school transcript for placement into English and/or Math.
If you have completed two years at any US high school within the last five years, and earned a cumulative 2.5 GPA, you can enroll in ENGL&101.
In order to be placed by a Washington State High School transcript, the math class used for placement must have endedwithin the time-periods shown below of when the student is seeking placement.
KEEP IN MIND:
- You can register for any math class lower than your placement.
- If you took a two-semester course, please use the lower of the two grades when figuring out placement, with an exception for Bridge-College Mathematics, as noted below.
- If you place into MATH& 152, you will not have MATH& 151 on your Shoreline transcript (unless you submit your official AP scores for credit). Check with an advisor about whether your program of study requires MATH& 151.
|Last math course||Grade||Completed
|Geometry||Placement determined by placement exam or most recent grades in the courses below.|
|Algebra 2||B/B-/C+||1 year||MATH 99, 107, or 146*|
|B/B-/C+||2 years||Math 98 or MATH& 146 with MATH 046 corequisite|
|A-/B+||2 years||MATH 99, 107, or 146*|
|A||2 years||Math 107, 111, 141, 146*|
|Bridge to College Mathematics (Functions and Statistics) - Use the 2nd semester grade for placement||C+/C/C-||1 year||MATH 98 or MATH& 146 with MATH 046 corequisite|
|A/A-/B+/B/B-||1 year||Math 99, 107, or 146&|
|2 years||Math 98 or MATH& 146 with MATH 046 corequisite|
|Precalculus||A/A-/B+/B/B-||1 year||Math 107, 111, 141, 146*|
|2 years||Math 99|
|C+/C/C-||1 year||Math 99|
(With UW Credit)
|UW Grade 2.0 or higher||1 year||Math 148, 151|
|Honors Precalculus, UW Precalculus (Without UW Credit), or IB Precalculus||B-/C+||1 year||Math 107, 111, 141, 146*|
|B+/B||1 year||Math 107, 111, 141, 142, 146*, 148, 151|
|B+/B||2 years||Math 107, 111, 141, 146*|
|A/A-||2 years||Math 107, 111, 141, 142, 146*, 148, 151|
|AP Statistics (Note: students scoring 3 or higher on the AP exam can receive credit for MATH& 146 or MATH 211)||B- or higher||1 year||Math 99, 107, 146*, or follow placement for highest math course taken above.|
|Calculus||C+/C/C-||1 year||Math 107, 111, 141, 146*|
|A/A-/B+/B/B-||1 year||Math 148, 151|
|2 years||Math 107, 111, 141, 146*|
| AP Calculus AB/BC, Honors Calculus, or IB Calculus (Note: students with an AP exam score might be able to receive credit for MATH& 151**.
See the AP Placement webpage for details.
||C+/C||1 year||Math 107, 111, 141, 146|
|B+/B/B-||2 years||Math 107, 111, 141, 142, 146*, 148, 151|
|A/A-||1 year||Math 148 or 152, or 107, 111, 141, 142, 146*, 151|
|2 years||Math 107, 111, 141, 142, 146*, 148, 151|
* Students wishing to take MATH& 146 must also have a placement into ENGL 099, EAP
099, or higher
** You can also use AP scores for credit towards your degree.
- Bring a copy of your transcript when you meet with an advisor to plan your classes. If you are an online student, you can email a scanned copy to firstname.lastname@example.org and schedule a virtual meeting.
- If you want to register for an English or math class, you can email a scanned copy
of your transcript to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information.
- Your full name
- Your Student ID Number
- Name of the course (example: MATH 099)
- Name of the instructor: (example: Bogart, S.)
- Item number (example: 1187)
If your request is approved, you will receive an add code for the requested course.
- If you want to meet prerequisites for other classes using your high school transcript, please contact the relevant department.