Prerequisites do not have to be completed at Shoreline. For math placement only, courses need to have been successfully completed within the last two years.
To use a college transcript for placement or to meet prerequisites, choose one of the following options:
- PREFERRED: Bring a copy of your transcript with you when meeting with an advisor to select classes. Your advisor can review your transcript and make sure you choose the classes that build on your previous college experience. If you are an online student, you can email a scanned copy to firstname.lastname@example.org and schedule a virtual meeting.
- If you need entry into a specific course based on your college transcript, you can
email a scanned copy of your transcript to a general advisor or the relevant department. When emailing, please make sure to include the following information:
- Your full name
- Your Student ID Number
- Name of the Shoreline course for which you want to register (example: MATH 099)
- Name of the instructor (example: Bogart, S.)
- Item number (example: 1187)
- The name and description of the course you wish to count towards a prerequisite. If you are transferring from another Washington State Community or Technical College, many of your courses will have equivalent course numbers.
To apply credit from your transcript towards your degree, you need to submit your official transcript for evaluation.