Career and Technical Education Dual Credit Program
Career and Technical Education (CTE) Dual Credit courses allow students to earn both high school and college credit by completing college-level CTE Courses. CTE classes integrate academics with technical skills to help students prepare for advanced education and careers.
Benefits of CTE
- Tuition free
- Earn college credit while still in high school
- Ease the transition to college
- Gain valuable skills and related work experience
- Establish connections with the business or industry of interest
- Graudate from college early
Enrollment Procedure and Requirements
- Be enrolled in the required high school CTE class
- Register for the CTE Dual Credit articulated course while in the high school class. Students must register online in SERS, the official CTE Dual Credit registration site for Washington State.
- Complete the required skills as identified on the course outcome
If an exam or review of completed work is required, students must receive a passing score to earn college credit.
Shoreline Community College has articulation agreements with high schools in the Shoreline Consortium (Shoreline School District).