International Student Orientation
Spring 2024: March 25 - 29
International Student Orientation is very important for your success. Every new international student is required to attend. Family and agents are welcome to join their students at orientation. Please read below for information and tips for students to prepare for Orientation.
Spring 2024 Orientation will be March 25-29. Students will receive a schedule of in-person and online sessions by email. For students joining us in person, please plan to arrive on campus in the 9000 (PUB) building by 8:00 a.m. on Monday, March 25, 2024. If you have not already checked in with us with your passport, please bring your passport. You can find directions to our campus here and a campus map here.
Orientation will also include a self-paced online Orientation and Zoom sessions. For privacy reasons, we will not post links to our online orientation on this public page. New students will receive this information from our staff directly approximately 1-2 weeks prior to the first day of orientation. Students joining us online from overseas will receive an online Orientation link and schedule.
Ready to get started? New students can prepare for Orientation now! Please take a look at the steps below:
- Activate your new ctcLink (student) ID and account: You will receive your ctcLink ID in an email from our Admissions team. Please follow these steps to activate your account. ctcLink will be used for your registration, payment, and
- Activate your new Shoreline Network account: You will receive an automated email about your Shoreline Network Account. Please
follow the instructions in that email carefully to activate your account. This account
will be for the online Orientation, your classes and homework, and Shoreline email.
- Take the Math placement test (if you already submitted English proficiency scores): If you plan to take any math, business, science, or engineering classes, you may need to complete the Math placement test prior to class registration. Please follow the instructions here to create your account, pay for access, and take the test.
To learn more about in-person orientation, see the orientation schedule preview.
International Student Orientation may include:
- Math and English Language placement tests
- a campus tour
- academic advising and registration for classes
- meetings with International Education staff
- seminars about life and study in the USA
An orientation fee of $60 (one-time fee for all new international students) will cover refreshments and other services during orientation.