Out of State Students

Students from all states and the District of Columbia are welcome to apply. Please note that Shoreline Community College is not authorized to accept students located in Colorado into the Health Information Technology Curriculum. Contact eLearning Services with questions at support@shoreline.edu.

Admission into a program is dependent on program availability in the state where the student is physically located at the time of acceptance. Students will not be able to register for more classes if they move to a state where Shoreline Community College does not offer programs. It is the student’s responsibility to notify the institution of a change in physical presence.

Student Location

It is the students responsibility to notify the institution of a change in physical presence. Students should update their physical location in ctcLink.

Non-Washington resident fully online students may be eligible for a waiver of the non-resident tuition differential. Tuition rates are listed here.

Shoreline Community College SARA Institution

sara logo

Shoreline Community College participates in the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA). SARA is an agreement among member states that establishes comparable national standards for interstate offering of postsecondary distance education courses and programs. SARA’s intent is to make it easier for students to take online courses offered by postsecondary institutions based in another state.

Professional licensure

Shoreline Community College offers some on campus programs that meet the educational requirements for specific professional licensure/certification required for employment in an occupation in Washington only:

Shoreline Community College has not determined if the curriculum of the above listed on campus programs meet the educational requirements for licensure/certification in any other state.

All of our courses and programs are fully accredited and course credits may transfer to university programs that are designed to meet state professional licensure/certification. 

Additional information about licensure/certification concerns can be found on the NC-SARA website. Please contact eLearning Services with any questions at support@shoreline.edu.

Student Complaints 

As part of the process of gaining approval to serve out-of-state students, state and federal guidelines require us to provide information about resolving complaints about our instruction or student services.

The Washington Student Achievement Council (WSAC) has authority to investigate student complaints against specific schools. WSAC may not be able to investigate every student complaint. Visit Washington Student Achievement Council Student Complaint Process for information regarding the WSAC complaint process.

Student Tuition Refunds

Students who have paid tuition and withdraw from class(es) may have a refund owed based upon our Refund Policy.