Features & Highlights
- Nationally accredited: Accreditation by American Dental Association Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA)
- Faculty experts: Instructors have a combined 200+ years of experience working as hygienists and dentists
- Hands-on training: Students gain real-world clinical experience at the dental hygiene clinic at the University of Washington School of Dentistry
- Cohort learning: Students build a lasting network with a tight-knit peer group of trainees
- Scholarships: Program-specific funding available through the Foundation
- Comprehensive experience: UW School of Dentistry partnership ensures hard-to-get pediatric dental experience
|Program Parent||Show Description?|
Accreditation & Licensure
The Shoreline Community College program in Dental Hygiene is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation and has been granted the accreditation status of “Approval without Reporting Requirements.” The Commission is a specialized accrediting body recognized by the United States Department of Education.
In accordance with U.S. Department of Education Regulation 34 CFR 668.43 (a) (5) (v), the Dental Hygiene Program at Shoreline has reviewed the Dental Hygienist licensing requirements for Washington state and has determined that a Shoreline dental hygiene graduate would be eligible for licensure in Washington state as a dental hygienist. Shoreline Community College has not made a determination that the dental hygiene curriculum meets educational requirements for licensure/certification outside of Washington State. We encourage students who plan to work out-of-state to check relevant local licensure/certification requirements.