Student Loan Exit Counseling
The U.S. Department of Education requires all student loan borrowers to complete exit counseling so they know their rights and responsibilities as a borrower. Completing exit counseling will not affect your ability to receive financial aid in the future.
Completing exit counseling is a requirement.
Students must complete online exit counseling if they:
- will no longer attend Shoreline due to graduation; or
- will not or did not return for the next quarter (excluding summer); or
- are enrolled in 5 or fewer credits the previous or current quarter
To complete your online exit counseling:
- Go to www.studentloans.gov
- Use your FSA ID and password to login
- Once you are logged in, select “Complete Counseling”
- Then choose “Start Exit Counseling”
- Complete the counseling, allowing about 20-30 minutes to finish.
Please Note: Once you begin, you must complete the counseling as it will not allow you to save your work.
After finishing, you should print the confirmation page for your records. The Financial Aid office will also receive an electronic verification and holds will be removed within 1-2 business days.