Remote Campus Resources
Current Status of Campus
- Fall Quarter classes are hybrid and online and begin September 29
- Shoreline is a fully vaccinated campus - Under the guidelines set forth in Governor Jay Inslee's Higher Education proclamation, Shoreline is a COVID-19 vaccinated campus
- Beginning fall quarter, in-person or on campus students and all employees are required to verify their vaccination status or attest to an eligible exemption status
- All students, employees, and visitors will wear masks indoors on campus, regardless of vaccination status
- Beginning September 13th, core student services will be available in a limited capacity in person on campus, Monday-Thursday, 8AM-5PM, and Friday, 8AM-12PM. Remote services remain available Monday-Thursday, 8AM-5PM, and Friday, 8AM-4:30PM
We’re Here to Help!
Life may look a little different right now, but we’re still here to help you achieve your goals.
Getting Started with Remote Learning
- New students complete a special “Getting Ready for Online Learning” training to ensure they are successful in a fully online environment
- Check your Shoreline email account or log into Canvas and look for the “Getting Ready for Online Learning” training
- Questions? Contact eLearning Services at email@example.com or (206) 546-6966
Frequently Asked Questions
Your instructor will provide detailed instructions.
Equipment Pick Up & Return – Curbside pickup is available by appointment only. Please submit an appointment request form if you need to pick up other items from campus such as bookstore orders, personal items, artwork, and specialized tools for professional/technical programs.
Classes and Programs
All courses and programs are being held online throughout the winter quarter. All enrollment related services are available online.
They are taught in Canvas, an online learning management system. Each instructor has their own way of teaching, which can include discussion questions, quizzes, optional live sessions using Zoom, recorded lectures, etc.
While all of our courses are online right now, not all of our degrees or certificates can be completed online. Learn which degrees & certificates can be completed fully online by visiting our online programs page. For international students, please visit overseas online programs page to find out which degrees & certificates can be completed 100% online.
During remote instruction, classes are offered in the following formats:
Online: Constructed as 100% online (no specific day/time)
C19 Online: Temporarily online due to COVID-19 (no specific day/time)
On-Campus/Arranged - Limited professional-technical classes may meet in person (specific days/times listed or marked as "Arranged")
It is best practice to use a computer but many students use mobile devices. Please check the technical requirements for taking classes online.
If your faculty member offers a live lecture at a specific day/time, then the lecture will be recorded for those students who cannot attend the live event.
Technology & Canvas
- eLearning Services – Support for online learning such as Canvas and Zoom, we also offer drop-in video chat sessions M-F from 9 am to 5 pm.
- Technology Support Services – Help with computers, internet access, and Microsoft 365 such as Teams.
Canvas is an online tool used to support Shoreline's online, hybrid, and web-enhanced classes. Faculty use Canvas to post course content, such as a syllabus, course documents, links to articles, hold online discussions, have students turn in homework, submit online exams, and post grades.
- Many companies provide free, low-cost, or increased data options for internet access
right now. Please contact your mobile phone or home internet provider for details.
Some current deals as of April 6, include:
- AT&T : $10/month home internet access for qualifying customers.
- Charter/Spectrum : covers most of eastern Washington. Free internet access for students for 60 days.
- Comcast/Xfinity : Free internet for 60 days for low-income families. Also, accessout-of-home Xfinity WiFi hotspots for free.
- T-Mobile: $15/month smartphone plan
- Drive-in WiFi hotspots provide free temporary internet access for those who do not have access to broadband service in their homes. Find nearby locations with the Drive-In WiFi Hotspots Location Finder
- Laptop and Equipment Checkout – Laptops, webcams, and other instructional equipment are available for students to borrow.
- Equipment Pick Up & Return – Curbside pickup is available throughout the summer by appointment only. Please submit an appointment request form if you need to pick up other items from campus such as bookstore orders, personal items, artwork, and specialized tools for professional/technical programs.
Paying for College
Not sure if you can afford classes this quarter? We have many options for you, including ways to help you pay for tuition, fees, food, housing, technology, health care, childcare, and emergency expenses.
Learn about our funding sources including free tuition for those on unemployment and grants for families making less than $91,766 a year.
If you find you are unable to pay your bills after registering for courses, we can help you find emergency funding.
All classes have a $7.50/per credit online course fee since all classes are being offered via remote, online learning. This helps to pay for the support and staffing needed for online classes.
New Student Orientation
Students who are new to Shoreline this quarter are invited to complete our self-paced online New Student Orientation.