Below is a list of community resources, college resources, and websites. If you would like to know more about resources that may be available to you, or have other needs or concerns, please contact the Counseling Center at 206-546-4594 or stop by FOSS 5245 to schedule an appointment with a counselor.
Understanding Mental Health
Crisis Support & Suicide Help Lines
Crisis Text Line | Text 741741
911 (for immediate health-related emergency)
Campus and Community Mental Health
Shoreline Community College Counseling Center | FOSS Building, 5245 | 206-546-4594
Provides enrolled students access to free and confidential personal, career, educational and crisis counseling with a professional counselor.
Asian Counseling & Referral Service | 206-695-7600
Catholic Community Services of Western Washington | 206-328-5696
Center for Human Services | 206-362-7282
Lutheran Community Services North Puget Sound | 206-522-9472
NeighborCare Health - 45th Street Clinic, Seattle | 206-633-3350
Refugee Women’s Alliance (ReWA) | 206-721-0243
Seattle Counseling Service | 206-323-1768 ext. 122
Sound Mental Health | 206-302-2300
Women's Therapy Referral Service | 206-634-2682
Substance Use (Alcohol, Marijuana, Tobacco and other Drugs)
SAMHSA National Hotline | 1-800-662-HELP (4357) or visit the online treatment locators
SAMHSA’s National Helpline is a free, confidential, 24/7, 365-day-a-year treatment referral and information service (in English and Spanish) for individuals and families facing mental health and/or substance use disorders.
eCheck Up To Go
An interactive web survey that allows college and university students to enter information about their drinking patterns and receive feedback about their use of alcohol. The assessment takes about 6-7 minutes to complete, is self-guided, and requires no face-to-face contact time with a counselor or administrator.
Housing & Emergency Shelter
Advocacy Resources - 24-hour / 7 Days a Week - Free - Confidential - Secure | These hotlines have access to interpreter services
- New Beginnings (for Shoreline/Seattle/King County): 206-522-9472
- Domestic Violence Services of Snohomish County: 425-252-2873
- Washington State Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-562-6025
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233 or 1-800-787-3224 (TTY)
- Love is Respect | Text loveis to 22522 | 1-866-331-9474
Sexual Assault / Violence
Advocacy Resources - 24-hour / 7 Days a Week - Free - Confidential - Secure | These hotlines have access to interpreter services.
- King County Sexual Assault Resource Center | 1-888-998-6423
- Snohomish County Providence Intervention Center for Assault and
Abuse | 425-252-4800
- National Hotline will connect you to local sexual assault center | 1-800-656-4673
- National Sexual Assault Online Hotline provides live, secure and anonymous crisis support for victims, their friends, and families.
- Harborview Center for Sexual Assault and Traumatic Stress | 206-744-1600
- WCSAP – Washington Coalition of Sexual Assault Programs
- The Northwest Network – a resource for Bisexual, Trans, Lesbian and Gay Survivors of Abuse | 206-568-7777
- Washington State Crime Victim Compensation Program | 1-800-762-3716
- Washington State Crime Victim Resource Guide Listed by County
- RAINN (National Anti-Sexual Violence Organization)
- Not Alone (U.S. Government Resource)
- Know Your IX – a student-centered resource to help students understand Title IX