Health Informatics & Information Management
Acquire foundational knowledge for entry into the field of health information management. Gain general skills for a range of entryâ€‘level career paths or specialize in coding and billing.
For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.How to apply
Features & Highlights
- Nationally accredited: Accreditation by the Commission on Accreditation of Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM)
- Hands-on training: Students gain real-world experience through professional practice experience (PPE) and a capstone course
- Up-to-date curriculum: Lectures and laboratory projects help students learn the skills needed for processing, coding, classifying, abstracting, analyzing and managing health information using the latest manual and computer technology
- Flexible scheduling: All core classes are offered online
|Program Parent||Show Description?|
|Health Informatics and Information Management||x|
HIIM Information Sessions
Attend an upcoming information session to learn more about HIIM programs, career options, and to ask questions.
The Health Information Management accreditor of Shoreline Community College is the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM). The Collegeâ€™s accreditation for the Associate degree in Health Information Technology has been reaffirmed through 2029-2030. All inquiries about the programâ€™s accreditation status should be directed by mail to CAHIIM, 200 East Randolph Street, Suite 5100, Chicago, IL, 60601; by phone at (312) 235-3255; or by email at email@example.com.
The Shoreline Medical Coding and Reimbursement Specialist Certificate program is approved by the AHIMA Professional Certificate Approval Program. This designation acknowledges the coding program as having been evaluated by a peer review process against a national minimum set of standards for entry-level coding professionals. This process allows academic institutions to be acknowledged as offering an approved coding certificate program.
- Employment Rate (based on graduate survey results, all programs, small sample): 47%
- Students not working due to family responsibilities, continuing education, and health issues
- Graduation Rate: 68%
- Part-time students now represent 78% of students and these students take longer to graduate
- Student Satisfaction Rate: 86%
- RHIT Certification Exam Pass Rate: 79%