Student Accessibility Services Forms

Please Note:

  • Students are strongly encouraged to set up accommodations far before the quarter begins. Please recognize that it may take some time to get an appointment in place.
  • All students who would like to receive accommodations must apply for services with Student Accessibility Services (SAS) and go through the interactive process, including those who solely are looking for Housing Accommodations or American Sign Language interpreters.
  • If a student is interested in having another person, including a non-SAS staff member or instructor, join an SAS meeting or have access to their SAS information, they must submit an SAS-specific Release of information.  
  • New and revised accommodations will be processed through Week 6 of that quarter. We are happy to offer support past that date or to discuss accommodations for the next quarter. Students with approved accommodations in place may request them for that quarter at any time.
  • Accommodation requests will be processed in the order in which they are received.

Getting Started with Student Accessibility Services: 

  1. New students must submit a New Student Application. To do this: Log into the Student AIM Portal using the activated  Shoreline email address and password, and complete the application.  
    1. If the student is solely requesting Housing Accommodations, they may skip the New Student Application, but must submit a Housing Application.
  2. Documentation of students' disabilities is not typically required for classroom accommodations, though it may be beneficial for students to provide this information to SAS.
    1. For Housing accommodations, we do require written, medical documentation, per the Fair Housing Act. This documentation must verify your diagnosis/diagnoses and the need for the requested accommodations, related to the stated diagnoses. This documentation must be current within three (3) years. Students can upload documentation with their Housing Application. Alternatively, their provider may submit this information using our Verification of Disability template, which also allows them to upload additional documents, such as evaluations or past health records.  
    2. Disability Evaluation Referrals - This document lists providers who may be available to evaluate students for low- or no-cost, and subsequently will provide them with the appropriate documentation that they need to present to the SAS office.
  3. If a student needs an ASL interpreter, they must request one using the appropriate ASL Interpreting Request Form on our website.

For Current Students

Request Forms

  • Housing Accommodation Request Form - Students requesting any type of Housing accommodation/modification, including assistance animals, must submit this request form and meet with an SAS Access Specialist.
  • Assistance Animal Request Form - Students who would like to request an assistance animal as a reasonable modification in 7000 Campus Living must submit this request form and meet with an SAS Access Specialist. This form is solely for Residence Hall requests, not for classroom.
  • Alternate Text Request Form- Students must first search for materials in alternative formats on their own before submitting a request form. Try the resources on SAS's Assistive Technology page.


  • Request for Accommodation Information- Students may request a letter from Shoreline Community College's Student Accessibility Services (SAS) verifying that they were approved for accommodations by the SAS office. 
  • SAS Process and Accommodations Information- During the initial Access Appointment between the prospective student and their assigned access specialist, they will review information about the SAS process and discuss accommodations.