Continuing Education is an open learning community that offers affordable, non‑credit courses for those who are interested in short‑term personal enrichment and professional development opportunities.
Expand your knowledge, explore a longtime interest, and meet new people. Whether you're interested in finding a new hobby or meeting a professional goal, we have something for everyone! Learn about our options below and choose from a variety of courses taught by passionate educators and subject matter experts.
- Explore a longtime personal interest or develop a new hobby
- Offered during weeknights or weekends
- Taught in-person on Shoreline's campus or live online using Zoom
- Classes begin throughout each quarter
- First Aid/CPR Adult, child, and infant CPR, AED & Basic First Aid
- Shoreline Concert Band
- Individual Instrument Instruction with Shoreline Music faculty
- Etching & Printmaking Workshop
- Writing - A Scream is Worth 1,000 Words
- NaNoWriMo Planning Sessions
- Introduction to Digital Photography
- Drawing for Beginners
- Pamper Yourself with Aromatheraphy
- Fingerprints and Forensics: Understanding the Basics of Crime Scene Investigation
- Prepare for industry certification, explore a new career, or practice for a standardized exam
- Online only
- Instructor-led and self-paced options available
- Most classes begin every six weeks
- A to Z Grant Writing
- AutoCAD 2021 Certified User
- CCA Medical Coding and Billing
- Certified Paralegal
- GRE Prep Series
- HVAC/R Certified Technician
- Introduction to Python 3 Programming
- Veterinary Assistant Series
Black Rocket STEAM Computer Design & Programming Classes for Youth
Shoreline Community College is proud to offer online STEAM camps in partnership with Black Rocket, a leader in national tech-education. Black Rocket’s distinct programs in Creative Sciences and Digital Arts focus on the intersection of creativity and technology. Each course emphasizes self-empowerment, cognitive reasoning, and divergent thinking through hands-on learning. Whether in the classroom or the cloud, we believe every human being is unique in their ability and talents. Black Rocket's mission is to help ignite, unleash, and enhance these distinct talents.
Online classes run Monday through Friday, as well as on weekend mornings, with live instructors. Choose from age-appropriate camps in both the morning and afternoon to build the perfect schedule! Topics covered include coding, video game design, eSports, Roblox, Minecraft, video special effects, virtual reality, and so much more! See the technical requirements for online camps. Tech support is provided up to and after the start of camps.
Ages: Camps are grouped for students age 8 - 11 years old and 11 - 14 years old
Location: 100% online
Dates: Ongoing sessions throughout the year!
Camp Fees: $59 to $139 per session with varying dates, times, and number of weeks
Clock Hours for Educators
OSPI Professional Development
Shoreline Community College offers continuing education clock hours for teachers and educators. Pay a $15 fee once per quarter and earn clock hours for any courses taken during that quarter.
Summer Camps 2023
Online and in-person camps for kids and teens!
Information about summer camps for 2023 will be posted in February 2023.