Continuing Education is an open learning community that offers affordable, non‑credit courses for those interested in short‑term personal enrichment and professional development opportunities.
Expand your knowledge, explore a longtime interest, and meet new people. Whether you're interested in finding a new hobby or meeting a professional goal, we have something for everyone! Learn about our options below and choose from a variety of courses taught by passionate educators and subject matter experts.
- Explore a longtime personal interest or develop a new hobby
- Offered during weeknights or weekends
- Taught in-person on Shoreline's campus or live online using Zoom
- Classes begin throughout each quarter
Athletics: Pickleball, Tai Chi, & Weight Training/Cardio and Yoga
- Before You Go: End of Life Planning
Calligraphy: Traditional Pens & Italic Script
Card Making with Flowers & Botanicals
- Cascade Music Adult & Youth Piano
- CPR, AED & Basic First Aid Training
- Dandylyon Drama - Youth Musicals!
- Drawing: Advanced
- Forest Bathing:Spring Awakening
- Introduction to Excel Spreadsheets
- Learn Chinese, Spanish and Japanese
- Learn to Weave on a Tabletop Loom
- Photography Series
Personal Safety & Awareness
- Poetry of Mary Oliver
- Spring Awakening Forest Bathing
- Understanding Computer Basics
- Wine Sensory Experience
- …and more! Check out our Spring catalog link
- Explore a new career
- Acquire professional level skills for in-demand occupations
- Programs designed by professionals from each respective field
- Instructors/mentors are actively involved in your online learning experience
- Most classes begin every six weeks
- AutoCAD Certified User
- Certificate in Healthcare and Eldercare
- Certified Paralegal
- Certificate in Medical Coding and Billing
- Electrican Training
- HVAC/R Certified Technician
- Java Programmer and Python 3 Developer
- Veterinary Assistant Series
- Prepare for industry certification
- Practice for a standardized exam
- Earn Clock Hours
- Courses are convenient and effective way to learn new skills
- Instructor-led and self-paced online options available
- Most courses begin every six weeks or start self-paced classes immediately!
- A to Z Grant Writing
- Health & Wellness Series
- Helping Elderly Parents
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Course
- Speed Spanish, Italian, French and more
- Teacher Professional Development
- Test Prep (ACT, SAT, GRE, TEAS, PMP, Praxis, LSAT, UI/UX, and more!)
Computer Design & Programming Classes for Youth
Shoreline Community College is proud to offer online STEAM camps in partnership with Black Rocket, a leader in national tech-education. Black Rocket’s distinct programs in Creative Sciences and Digital Arts focus on the intersection of creativity and technology. Each course emphasizes self-empowerment, cognitive reasoning, and divergent thinking through hands-on learning. Whether in the classroom or the cloud, we believe every human being is unique in their ability and talents. Black Rocket's mission is to help ignite, unleash, and enhance these distinct talents.
Online classes run Monday through Friday, as well as on weekend mornings, with live instructors. Choose from age-appropriate camps in both the morning and afternoon to build the perfect schedule! Topics covered include coding, video game design, eSports, Roblox, Minecraft, video special effects, virtual reality, and so much more! See the technical requirements for online camps. Tech support is provided up to and after the start of camps.
Ages: Camps are grouped for students age 8 - 11 years old and 11 - 14 years old
Location: 100% online
Dates: Ongoing sessions throughout the year!
Camp Fees: $59 to $139 per session with varying dates, times, and number of weeks
Clock Hours for Educators
Are you a Washington State K-12th grade teacher wanting to earn Clock Hours with the
Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI)? Or do you require Continuing
Education Units (CEU) for an industry certification? You can earn credits 3 ways!
1.Taking credit classes at Shoreline Community College and paying the $20 per quarter clock hours fee. Register for classes and pay this fee once per quarter and earn clock hours for any relevant courses taken during that quarter. The form is linked below. Browse current quarter courses on the website: Class Schedule | Shoreline Community College
2. Some non-credit Continuing Education classes offered by Shoreline Community College will count for Clock Hours and/or CEUs. Use the form below to pay the $20 per quarter clock hours fee and we will issue you a certificate upon completion. Pay this fee once per quarter and earn clock hours for any courses taken during that quarter.
3. Shoreline CC offers online professional and career development courses in partnership with ed2go. Browse the online course catalog for Teachers and CEU units: https://www.ed2go.com/shoreteachers/. The CE Clock hours fees are included in these courses and registration is via the ed2go portal. We will issue you a certificate upon completion. Not all Continuing Education courses are approved by Continuing Education for clock hours. Self-paced courses are NOT eligible for clock hours.
Attendance and course completion will be verified before the OSPI Continuing Education Clock Hour Credit Inservice Registration form (FORM SPI 1125) will be issued. Please check with your school or OSPI to verify that the particular class(es) you are interested in will fulfill your in-service requirement. Not all Continuing Education courses are approved by Continuing Education for clock hours. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a list of eligible in-person and online courses before registering or verify with OSPI that the course you want to take is acceptable for your position.
Learn more about clock hours at the OPSI’s webpage
Teach for Us
The Continuing Education Program works to connect members of our community with passionate instructors and subject matter experts. If you are interested in sharing your knowledge with adult learners, we want to hear from you!