Continuing Education is an open learning community that offers affordable, non‑credit courses for those who are interested in short‑term personal enrichment and professional development opportunities.
Expand your knowledge, explore a longtime interest, and meet new people. Whether you're interested in finding a new hobby or meeting a professional goal, we have something for everyone! Learn about our options below and choose from a variety of courses taught by passionate educators and subject matter experts.
- Explore a longtime personal interest or develop a new hobby
- Offered during weeknights or weekends
- Taught in-person on Shoreline's campus or live online using Zoom
- Classes begin throughout each quarter
- Digital SLR Photography for Beginners
- Food Business Basics
- Food and Wine Pairings for the Holidays
- Leveraging LinkedIn
- Pointed Brush Calligraphy for the Holidays and Beyond
- Painting of the Self
- Watching the Black Experience
- Your Tech Clinic
- Prepare for industry certification, explore a new career, or practice for a standardized exam
- Online only
- Instructor-led and self-paced options available
- Most classes begin every six weeks
- A to Z Grant Writing
- AutoCAD 2021 Certified User
- CCA Medical Coding and Billing
- Certified Paralegal
- GRE Prep Series
- HVAC/R Certified Technician
- Introduction to Python 3 Programming
- Veterinary Assistant Series
Clock Hours for Educators
OSPI Professional Development
Shoreline Community College offers continuing education clock hours for teachers and educators. Pay a $15 fee once per quarter and earn clock hours for any courses taken during that quarter.
Professional Development Series
The Interprofessional Practice of Law Enforcement and Social Work
This innovative virtual workshop is designed for mental health professionals and other non-sworn individuals working within or alongside the criminal justice system.
Flagger Certification Training
Offered in partnership with Evergreen Safety Council
Earn a Washington State Flagger Certification card after completion on a one-day class
held on Shoreline's campus.