Connecting to Wi-Fi
Who can use wireless service at Shoreline?
All current students with a Shoreline Network Account email address (go.shoreline.edu) and staff have access to the campus wireless network. Staff use their Shoreline email username and password to connect.
I am a new student. What am I supposed to do?
If you are a new student and have not set your password, you must set up your Shoreline Network Account.
How do I connect to the wireless network?
Follow the instructions below to connect your particular kind of device:
- Select "SCC Student Wi-Fi" or "SCC Staff"
- Type your username (firstname.lastname)
- Type your email password
- Locate and click the Wi-Fi icon at the bottom right part of your computer screen. For a cell phone, please locate Wi-Fi in your phones settings
- Connect to "SCC Student Wi-Fi" and, when prompted, type your username (the part before @go.shoreline.edu) and password
- If you do not remember your password, go to Student Accounts and click on "Reset your Network Account password"
- Select your WIRELESS network settings such as "SCC Student Wi-Fi" or "SCC Staff Wi-Fi"
- Type your Shoreline Network Account username and password
- Click connect or join
If you are required, please fill out the "Join Wi-Fi network" form as follows:
- Locate and click the Wi-Fi icon in your phone settings
- Select "SCC Student Wi-Fi"
- When prompted, choose the following settings:
- EAP Method: PEAP
- Phase 2 authentication: MSCHAPV2
- CA certificate: Use system certificates
- Online Certificate Status: Do not verify
- Domain: type in: shore.ctc.edu
- Identity: type in the first part of your Shoreline Network Account username (the part before @go.shoreline.edu)
- Anonymous identity: leave blank
- Password: input your Shoreline Network Account password
- Your settings should look like this:
- Once filled out, click 'Connect'
Please Note: VPN settings cannot be activated to connect to Shoreline Wi-Fi
- Choose "SCC Student Wi-Fi" or "SCC Staff"
- Type your username (firstname.lastname) and password
- Click on the Quick Settings Panel at the bottom right of the screen
- Click on "No-Network"
- Select your Wi-Fi Network (SCC Student or SCC Staff)
- Enter your username (shoreline email address) and password
Visit our Support Center where you can find the answers to your questions or submit a request for additional assistance.