New Student Orientation
Welcome to the Shoreline Community College family!
New Student Orientation, or NSO, is designed to introduce you to what it means to be a student at Shoreline and help you be successful during your time here.
While the College operates remotely, NSO will be held online via Canvas. Canvas is available 24/7 so you can work through the course at your own pace.
Virtual, live NSO sessions will be offered before the start of Summer Quarter 2022. More information will be available here beginning in June.
What to Expect
NSO will guide you through what all Shoreline has to offer and you will:
- Learn how college classes work and what you need to get started
- Hear from students about how to get involved on campus through jobs, volunteering, clubs, and more
- Learn how to log onto and utilize Canvas, Shoreline's online learning platform
- Identify your textbooks for the upcoming quarter and learn how to purchase them
- Discover the many ways to pay for college
- Find out about the Current Students page, your one-stop spot for all important links and information
- Learn about all of the academic, financial, and social resources available to Shoreline students
How to Prepare for NSO
These suggestions are not required and will be covered during NSO.
- Activate your ctcLink account
- Set up your Shoreline Network Account
- Register for classes
- Set up a form of payment for your classes
Frequently Asked Questions
NSO will help pave your way to success. Get started today!