New Student Orientation
Welcome to the Shoreline Community College family!
New Student Orientation, or NSO, is designed to introduce you to what it means to be a student at Shoreline and help you be successful during your time here.
While the College operates remotely, NSO will be held online via Canvas. Canvas is available 24/7 so you can work through the course at your own pace.
What to Expect
NSO will guide you through what all Shoreline has to offer and you will:
- Learn how college classes work and what you need to get started
- Hear from students about how to get involved on campus through jobs, volunteering, clubs, and more
- Learn how to log onto and utilize Canvas, Shoreline's online learning platform
- Identify your textbooks for the upcoming quarter and learn how to purchase them
- Discover the many ways to pay for college
- Find out about the Current Students page, your one-stop spot for all important links and information
- Learn about all of the academic, financial, and social resources available to Shoreline students
How to Prepare for NSO
- Register for classes
- Set up a form of payment for your classes
- Set up your Shoreline student email
Frequently Asked Questions
NSO will help pave your way to success. Get started today!