New Student Orientation
We are all so excited to welcome you to be part of our Shoreline Community College family. New Student Orientation is designed to introduce you to what it means to be a student here at Shoreline.
How to Sign Up
What to Expect
- Interact with other students and staff at Shoreline Community College
- Learn about ways to pay for college
- Learn how college classes work and what you need to get started
- Learn how to log onto Canvas and use Computer Lab technology
- Hear from students about how to get involved on campus through jobs, volunteering, clubs, and more
- Identify textbooks for Fall
How to Prepare
- Register for classes
- Set up a form of payment for your classes
- Get your SID card from the bookstore
- Set up your Shoreline student email
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is New Student Orientation mandatory?
- No, it's not mandatory but all new students at Shoreline Community College are expected to attend. You will learn valuable information that will help you get started for the upcoming quarter.
- What do I need to bring to New Student Orientation?
- Mostly, just your enthusiastic self! We will provide writing utensils as well as the information you need here.
- What if I have attended a New Student Orientation at another college before, should
I still come?
- It is expected for all new Shoreline students to attend. This is because every college/university is very different. We want to make sure you can connect with people who will help you navigate your time with us and create relationships with your other peers.
- Will there be food?
- Yes, we will have a variety of snacks and beverages for you.
- What if I cannot make any of the sessions?
- We understand that you all have various commitments and will try accommodate your needs as best we can. If you cannot make either of the 2 sessions, please let us know on the RSVP form and you will hear from our team about what to do next.