English as a Second Language (ESL)
Shoreline’s English as a Second Language program offers classes for non-native English speakers living in Washington state.
We offer eight levels of ESL classes to help students reach their English language goals for work, life, or academics. We have classes for beginner speakers up to upper-level academic English classes that prepare students to enter Shoreline's college level classes or professional technical programs.
If you have or are applying for non-immigrant status such as an F-1, J-1, or B-1/B-2, please see International Education for program options and details.
Want to take ESL classes?
Now taking applications for Fall 2022! Start your application by clicking 'Apply Now'.
- Submit an application online
- We will reach out about starting an orientation and getting placed
- After you complete the orientation, we will register you for classes
- Classes cost $25 per quarter (some students can qualify to take classes for free)
- Book costs can vary from $30 to $100 dollars