English as a Second Language (ESL)
Shoreline’s English as a Second Language program offers classes for non-native English speaking immigrants, refugees, and citizens.
We offer six levels of ESL classes that are available in the day and evening which help students improve their reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills. In addition, we offer two academic levels available in the daytime that prepare students to enter our college level classes or professional technical programs.
Become a Student
If you have an F-1, M-1, J-1, or B-1/B-2 visa please contact International Education for admission information.
- Submit an application online.
- You will receive an e-mail with information regarding the orientation class and placement testing.
- After you complete step 2, you will be ready to register for classes.
- Classes cost $25 per quarter (some can qualify to take classes for free).
- Book costs vary from $30 to $100 dollars.
- Parking is $45 plus tax per quarter. Evening (4pm - 10pm) and weekend parking on campus is free.