Working On Campus

Yes, you can work ON campus at Shoreline Community College if you maintain F-1 status.

You can check college bulletin boards or the Human Resources office. You can also pick up a list of hiring offices at the IE front desk. (Please Note: Work study positions are not for F-1 students.)

Below is a list of departments that may offer jobs to students and examples of positions that may be available. Jobs will be available at the discretion of the department. Please visit or call the departments to ask if they are currently hiring for these or other positions.

  • Athletic & Intramural Office: Recreation Assistant
  • Library: Library Assistant
  • Math Learning Center: Tutor
  • Student Leadership Center: Associated Student Government, Event Coordinator, Event Cashier, Media Technician, Office Assistant
  • Technology Support Services: Computer Lab Aide
  • Tutoring Office: Tutor
  • International Education: International Student Leader (ISL), International Student Ambassadors (ISA)
  • Trajal Hotel College Program: Peer Activity Leader (PAL)

Go to the appropriate office and speak with them. Ask more details about the position (work hours, pay), and application process.

Work with your supervisor and complete the Social Security Verification form and Shoreline hiring paperwork. You will also need to bring those documents to International Education so that we can confirm your eligibility for employment.

You need to bring a valid I-20, I-94, passport, and a sealed envelope from the IE department that contains your current quarter schedule and signed Social Security Verification form.

F-1 students must not exceed 20 hours a week of work while school is in session but may work full-time during breaks and vacations as long as they are planning to enroll full-time the next quarter.  Make sure to inform your supervisor(s) of this limit.

For more information, contact an immigration specialist in the International Education department.