Parent Cooperative Preschools
Under the umbrella of Shoreline Community College, the cooperative preschool programs provide developmentally appropriate learning experiences for infants, toddlers, and preschoolers. Instructors at each preschool are Shoreline faculty. By enrolling your child, you automatically become a Shoreline Community College student earning college credit through our Parenting Education program.
As a Shoreline student, parents may enjoy all the rights and privileges that accompany student status on campus, like access to the gym, library and other resources. Please note that our preschools program is distinct from the nationally accredited daycare program offered by Shoreline's Parent-Child Center.
Parents pay a monthly tuition to their child's cooperative preschool. In addition, parents pay a minimal tuition to the college. Please visit the website of the co-op you're interested in for further tuition details.
Benefits of the Program
- Gain confidence and enhance parenting skills
- Share individual ideas and concerns about child-rearing
- Broaden their understanding of child development
- Acquire effective communication skills and child guidance strategies
- Cultivate a safe, stimulating environment to encourage a natural love of learning
- Provide a developmentally appropriate environment that promotes physical, social, emotional and cognitive development
- Create effective communicators and skilled problem-solvers by offering highly individualized attention and support
- Build a network of mutual support
- Advocate for children and family issues and encourage community service
- Develop and use leadership skills