COVID-19 Clubs Update
Although fewer clubs are active while Shoreline is operating remotely due to COVID-19, clubs are still welcome to host virtual meetings and activities during this time.
For information about how to host your club in a virtual setting, contact Program Manager for Student Life, Micaela Smith, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shoreline has dozens of amazing clubs that host engaging activities and events for students. Our clubs focus on a variety of topics including hobbies, cultures/ identities, and career paths.
Joining a club is a great way to get involved, meet new people, and gain leadership experience! All students are welcome to start new clubs and each club gets a baseline budget of up to $500 per year.
Join a Club
To join an active club, contact the club advisor via the email address listed below.
|Club Name||Club Advisor||Advisor Email Address|
|Anime Club||Laura Fujitaemail@example.com|
|Black Student Union||Leslie Potter-Hendersonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Computer Science Club||Kate Lewellenemail@example.com|
|Honors Student Council||Mari Kosinfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Indonesian Student Community||Steve Kimemail@example.com|
|Math Club||Przemyslaw Marek Wyzgowskifirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Pre Health Sciences Club||Leoned Ginesemail@example.com|
|SCC Salsa Dancing Club||Eberth Ariasfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|SCCANS (SCC Association of Nursing Students)||Natasha Barrow
|SCCERG (SCC Economics Research Group)||Tim Payneemail@example.com|
|VCT Club||Claire Fantfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Start a New Club
All students are welcome to start a club at Shoreline Community College. A minimum of 5 student members is required to start a new club.
Gather your friends and follow the steps below to get your club going today:
- Determine what the purpose of the new club will be and check the list of existing clubs to make sure that the school doesn’t already have a club for this purpose.
- Find a Shoreline employee who is willing to serve as the club’s advisor.
- Fill out the New Club Packet (Word). A minimum of 5 student members is required to start a new club.
- Submit an electronic copy of the packet to the Program Manager for Student Life, Micaela Smith, at email@example.com.
- Send at least one representative to an ASG Board Meeting to present the club's purpose and receive official recognition for the club.
- Contact Micaela Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule training meetings for your advisor and club leaders.