Multicultural Center’s Short-Term Emergency Loan
We encourage students to apply for Emergency Funding first prior to taking out a loan.
The Multicultural Center provides short term loans for books, course supplies, partial tuition, utility bills, living expenses, and transportation needs. The loan cannot repay prior debts at the college or be used towards Nelnet payment installments.
Important Loan Dates 2022-2023
|Quarter||Loan Processing Begins||Loan Processing Ends|
|Fall 2022||September 28, 2022||November 18, 2022|
|Winter 2023||January 9, 2023||February 27, 2023|
|Spring 2023||April 3, 2023||May 19, 2023|
|Summer 2023||June 26, 2023||July 27, 2023|
- Submitting an application does not guarantee financial assistance.
- Only one (1) loan will be awarded per quarter. There is a one-time service charge of $5
- Loan cannot pay for already purchased books, prior quarter debts, fines, or collection accounts.
- Loan is made for the current academic quarter; cannot pay tuition balances owed to vendors such as Nelnet®. Restrictions may apply for Short-term Loans requested by distance learning students.
- Loan decisions are made on a case-by-case basis and fund availability.
- The maximum loan amount is $800 and reduces each week until three weeks prior to the due date at which time loan processing is finished for the quarter.
- It will take 2-3 business days of additional processing to obtain a check.
- For partial tuition payment you will need to pay off your complete tuition amount due at the time of processing the loan paperwork to apply towards the overall amount.
- Currently be an enrolled student at Shoreline Community College during the quarter the loan is made
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Continuing students below a 2.0 cumulative Grade Point Average, may be eligible with agreement
- First quarter students may be eligible for loan with agreement
Complete a short-term emergency loan application online
Once received, staff will review for completeness and schedule your in-person loan appointment. Additional information may be requested during your loan appointment.