Health Professional Preparation
What we offer
At Shoreline you'll have:
- small classes
- classes and labs taught by professors, not graduate assistants
- faculty focused exclusively on student success; no pressure to frequently publish new research
- academic support through Learning Centers, including 1:1 tutoring
- University of Washington science/pre-health adviser on campus to help students transfer to the UW
- preparation for other colleges/universities, or a graduate health program application (such as dental, medical, pharmacy schools)
- subscription to the SCC Pre-Health Notes BLOG showing volunteer opportunities, academic program info, local lectures and events, plus other ways to explore health-related careers. See a sampling of recent postings at bottom of this page.
Please read on for more information about:
- Dentistry, Medical School, Pharmacy
- Diagnostic Ultrasound
- Environmental Health
- Exercise Science / Kinesiology
- Health Informatics & Information Management
- Medical Technology
- Nutrition and Food Science
- Physician Assistant
- Public & Community Health
- Rehabilitation Medicine: Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, and Prosthetics & Orthotics
- Speech & Hearing Sciences
- Veterinary Medicine
A brief description of 16 health professions
Helpful non-profit web site for exploring health professions: www.explorehealthcareers.org
Annual Schedule of courses at Shoreline
Pre-Health Notes recent blog postings
Sandweiss Test Prep would like to invite all students considering applying to Me...
2013 11th Annual UC Davis Pre-Medical & Pre-Health Professions National Conf..
Exciting opportunity for your students! FREE Virtual Fair on September 10 and 11...
Hello, > > My name is Reva Robinson and I am a speech-language pathologi...
*Dear Pre-Health Students,* /“One of the best preparations for medical school ca...