- Early Childhood Educator Associate
in Applied Art & Sciences
- Special Education Associate in
Applied Art & Sciences
- Certificate of Proficiency - Child Care
- Certificate of Proficiency - In-Home
- Certificate of Completion - Early
Gainful Employment Data
- early childhood education facilities
- public and private schools working with primary age children (birth through age 8)
- private preschool programs
- in-home care services
- facilities/homes needing respite care for young children
- child care family homes
- after-school recreation programs
- as family support specialists
The Education Program offers several options for students who are interested in working with children and families in a variety of settings. The program provides students with the knowledge and skills necessary for employment in a variety of social and educational agencies. Shoreline works closely with state advisory committees to ensure students receive the knowledge and skills currently in demand by employers in the field. We offer
- Short-term certificates in early education (fewer than 90 credits)
- 2 year-professional technical degrees for those who are working or wish to work in settings that do not require a BA (90 credits)
- A two-year degree that will transfer to a college or university for those who wish to pursue teacher certification or a 4-year or graduate degree in a related field. (90 credits)
Professional/Technical Degree and Certificate Options
Our Professional/Technical program is designed for students who are interested in working with young children (infants through 8 years of age) in early childhood settings, or with a wider age range of children, as assistant teachers/paraeducators in public schools.
The Early Childhood Educator/Paraeducator AAAS provides an overview of the social, emotional, language, and intellectual development of children, along with specific strategies for encouraging healthy development. Upon completion, students should
The Special Education AAAS is similar to the Early Childhood Educator degree but with a focus on working with children with special needs.
The Child Care Professional Certificate of Proficiency is a 55-credit course of study that prepares graduates for employment as teachers in licensed child care settings or assistant teachers in federal and state Early Childhood programs.
The In-Home Care Provider Certificate of Proficiency is a 48-credit course of study that prepares graduates for work as a nanny or in-home care provider.
The Early Childhood Basics Certificate of Completion is a 15-credit course of study designed to prepare students for various positions in child care, preschool, and after-school programs that are licensed in the state of Washington.
Gainful Employment Data
Transfer Degree Option
The Elementary Education Associate in Arts - Direct Transfer prepares students for entrance into baccalaureate degree programs in education. This AA is designed to provide students with a broad liberal arts background of study during their first and second years of college with an emphasis on education.