Welcome to the Women's Center
Mon - Th. 8:00 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Fri 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Pagoda Union Building (PUB)
Lynette Peters (until Nov. 18)
The Women's Center provides encouragement and resources that support student persistence and retention, personal and economic self-sufficiency, leadership opportunities and women students' representation in all aspects of the campus community.
Persistence and Retention Services:
The Women's Center offers free services to those returning to college after a significant time away or those who feel they want additional support in making the transition into higher education.
We are often known as a "clearinghouse" for on and off campus resources. We are available to meet with you, to learn more about you and your personal needs. Together we will explore resources that may provide assistance:
- Emergency loans for textbooks, course supplies
- Referrals for academic and financial assistance
- Feminine hygiene products and male condoms
- Referrals to YWCA Working Wardrobe
- Academic success workshops, class and student club presentations
- Domestic Violence Awareness and Advocacy Services
- Leadership Development Opportunities
- Partner Institution-American Association of University Women-Become an E-Affiliate
- Guide to Financial Independence for Women
Other help is available by linking directly to:
- Enrollment Services
- Financial Aid and other on-campus resources
- Off-campus assistance
- Advising Services
- Counseling Services
- Job Connections Center
- Student Success Coaches
Short-term loans for Books and Course Supplies
Short-term loans are available for those who qualify. Review read the Memo carefully for eligibility and application process:
- Memo: Short-term Loans for Books and Course-required Supplies
- Short Term Loan Screening Application
- Budget Worksheet
Shoreline Community College Foundation
The Shoreline Community College Foundation annually sponsors scholarships for new and continuing Shoreline students. Scholarship applications for the upcoming academic year will be posted in February 2016.