Nursing Assistant Certified
An I-BEST Program
Gain CNA skills & launch your healthcare career!
Join the I-BEST Nursing Assistant Certified program at Shoreline Community College. Gain the most effective learning strategies to prepare for the State Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) exam. FREE tuition is available for qualified low income students. Next class starts Sept 25th . Call 206-546-6930 or e-mail email@example.com today to apply!
This one quarter certificate program prepares students for entry into one of the highest demand positions in the healthcare field. Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) work with registered nurses and LPNs in hospitals, assisted living facilities, and nursing homes.
- This program is approved by the Washington State Nursing Assistant Commission as a recognized training program. The class provides theory, skills practice and clinical experience. Upon successful completion of the course, students are eligible to take the State CNA exam.
- The NAC I-BEST program provides extra support for success with the state exam. Our RN and basic skills instructor team is here to help you succeed.
- Improve your math and language skills to prepare for more advanced healthcare training.
- Learn college success skills, explore healthcare careers, and get started on your job pathway.
- Get help with job search, resumes, and interview skills. Gain opportunities to network with local CNA employers.
- Adults can get dual credit towards high school completion in the NAC Program. Ask about High School 21+!
Who Should Apply?
- Apply if you like helping people and want to advance in a health care career.
- Shoreline's one quarter program provides plenty of practice for your CNA exam, and a high level of support for building your basic skills and planning a healthcare career. Apply if this sounds like a good fit for you.
- If you plan to apply to nursing schools, a CNA typically provides extra points to make you a more competitive applicant.
- Qualified applicants can receive free tuition through WorkForce Funding. We will help match you with the best funding package available.
- You will be assessed for basic reading and math skills. A high school diploma is not required. English language learners should ideally be at ESL 5. Free placement test available.
- All applicants must pass a free criminal background check.
- Students who are accepted must show proof of health insurance coverage and complete required immunizations.
The next I-BEST NAC program will be offered Fall 2019. Classes start Sept. 25th.
Typical Class Times
3 days a week between 8am to 3pm
Clinical placement in a skilled nursing facility: 7 days at the end of the quarter starting at 6am.
Preparation for the State's nursing assistant exam
This course is designed to help students prepare for the Washington State exam for Nursing Assistants as well as prepare them for the workforce. The class is split into three parts that include: 1) theory 2) skills and 3) clinical experience. Clinical work is done offsite at a residential care facility where students use the skills learned in the lab and class.