Do you need to take the Accuplacer test?
If you want to register for any math course, an introductory English course, or any other course with prerequisites, you will need evidence of your ability to succeed in the course. Click here to see if you can demonstrate your abilities without taking a test.
If you don't have another placement method, you can take the Accuplacer placement test* at Shoreline. The test fee is $20, payable before testing, at the Cashier’s Office, located on the 2nd floor of the Foss building. Payments are non-refundable. Take your receipt to the Testing Center, along with photo ID-student, driver’s license, or passport.
* If you are an international student on an F-1 visa, Accuplacer will provide placement for math. Learn more about English placement options here.
Accuplacer placement scores
You can use your Accuplacer scores from Shoreline or from any other college for placement or to meet prerequisites
What do I do next?
To use your Accuplacer scores from Shoreline's testing center* for placement or to meet a prerequisite, choose one of the following options:
- Bring a copy of your test scores with you when meeting with an advisor to select classes. If you are an online student, you can email a scanned copy to firstname.lastname@example.org and schedule a virtual meeting.
- If you are ready to register in person, bring your completed registration form AND a copy of your Accuplacer test scores to Enrollment Services (registration) on the second floor of the FOSS (5000) Building (campus map).
- If you want to register online, your scores from Shoreline's testing center will be entered into Shoreline's data system within 24 hours of your test. Once your scores have been entered, you should be able to register for classes that have prerequisite checking.
* If you were placed into a course at another Washington State college based on your Accuplacer scores, click here.