Spring Quarter 2020 Student Resources
Our campus is remote for spring quarter 2020, so here are resources to help you be a successful learner!
We’re Here to Help!
Start Date: April 6
Online Training: April 6-10
Instruction Begins: April 13
Last Day to Pay Tuition: April 13
Last Day to Add a Class: April 17
Instruction Ends/Finals: June 19
Getting Ready for Online Learning
- All students are expected to complete a mandatory eLearning training in Canvas April 6-10 to help you be successful in a fully online environment.
- It is designed both for students who are new to online learning and those who have taken an online class before.
- Students will spend at least 5 hours in the training, on their own time
- Check your Shoreline email account or log into Canvas and look for the “Getting Ready for Online Learning – Spring 2020” training.
- Questions? Contact eLearning Services at email@example.com or 206-546-6966.
Technology & Canvas
- Canvas login instructions
- eLearning Services – Support for online learning, drop-in video chat sessions available
- Technology Support Services – Help with computers and internet access
- Internet Access – Many companies are providing free, low-cost, or increased data options for internet
access right now. Please contact your mobile phone or home internet provider for details.
Some current deals as of April 6th, include:
- AT&T : $10/month home internet access for qualifying customers.
- Charter/Spectrum : covers most of eastern Washington. Free internet access for students for 60 days.
- Comcast/Xfinity : Free internet for 60 days for low-income families. Also, accessout-of-home Xfinity WiFi hotspots for free.
- T-Mobile: $15/month smartphone plan
- Drive-in WiFi hotspots provide free temporary, emergency internet access for those who do not have access to broadband service in their homes. Find nearby locations with the Drive-In WiFi Hotspots Location Finder
Paying for College
Not sure if you can afford college this quarter? We have many options for you, including ways to help you pay for tuition, fees, food, housing, technology, health care, childcare, and emergency expenses. Don’t let your financial situation stop you from pursuing your education.
- Financial Aid and Workforce Education help you navigate federal and state loans, grants, and scholarships – and can see if you qualify for COVID-19-related aid
- Foundation has emergency grants for students in financial crisis, as well as quarterly and annual scholarships to help pay for tuition, books, and fees (annual deadline is April 23)
- Our Benefits Hub connects you to food, transportation, housing support, and community assistance
- All student parking fees have been waived this quarter (no action required).
- No online fees will be charged for in-person classes that have been converted to online classes in spring quarter.
All textbook and course materials may be ordered online at the Follett Bookstore website. The Bookstore is offering free shipping on all orders except those delivered to the states of Alaska, Hawaii, and international countries.
New Student Orientation
Students who are new to Shoreline this quarter are invited to complete our self-paced online New Student Orientation.