Health Care Experience
World Renowned Location
Study in the beautiful Pacific Northwest with nearby access to Seattle’s top medical facilities and renowned research centers, such as UW Medicine, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research, or Seattle Children’s Hospital.
Students who participate in the Post Baccalaureate Studies for the Health Professions (PBS) at Shoreline Community College will have an advisor to help help you locate and obtain meaningful clinical experiences. The Seattle metropolitan area is rich with top level facilities and multiethnic care providers. From small to large settings, in-patient and out-patient, the local opportunities are unlimited.
Which experience is best for me?
Consider the following questions:
- Which health professions are you considering?
- What do you want to gain from your experience?
- What type of patients touch your heart the most?
- What patient groups do you lack exposure to?
How to locate an experience in our area
- Announcements of volunteer opportunities are posted on our blog; subscribe to stay informed of the latest news.
- Health-related volunteer experiences are submitted and described by University of Washington students here.
Sample of physician shadowing programs
- Washington Academic of Family Physicians
- Washington Osteopathic Medical Association
- King County Medical Society Student Shadowing Program
- Swedish Hospital Shadowing Program
Sample of Nutrition/Dietetics mentor and volunteer programs
Preparation for your experience
There are two options for you to obtain HIV & AIDS training: