State and local laws pertaining to alcohol use 

  • If is unlawful for any person under the age of 21 years to acquire, possess, or consume any alcoholic beverage, or for any person to provide such beverages to someone under 21. [RCW 66.44.270] 
  • No functions that involve the service or consumption of alcohol may take place at the college without a State Banquet Permit. [RCW 66.20.010] 
  • Alcoholic beverages must not be sold on college property without a State Liquor License [RCW 66.20] displayed in plain sight at the location of the event. [RCW 66.24.010(7)] 
  • It is illegal to have an open container of alcohol or to consume alcohol in a public place, which includes college hallways and lounges, athletic areas, sidewalks, parking lots. [RCW 66.04.010(23) and 66.44.100] 
  • No activities by liquor manufacturers or importers or their representatives to promote the sale or consumption of alcoholic beverages are allowed on college property. [RCW 66.23.160] 
  • It is illegal to serve alcohol to anyone who appears intoxicated. [RCW 66.44.2000]