Get Entry Codes
If you need entry into a course, find the course subject and contact information for that department below. Please email the address listed with the subject line: "Requesting Entry Code for [name of course]."
In the email, make sure to include the following information:
- Your full name
- Your Student ID Number
- Name of the Shoreline course for which you want to register (example: MATH 099)
- Name of the instructor (example: Bogart, S.)
- Item number (example: 1187)
- PLUS: Attach any evidence needed to demonstrate you have met prerequisites, such as scanned copy of test scores or transcripts.
- Computer Science
Use Entry Codes
Once you have contacted a department for entry into a course, you will receive a course entry code or "add code."
This code tells the registration database that someone at the college has reviewed your documents and verified that you meet prerequisites.
- Go to Shoreline's web registration page
- In the Item Number Field, enter the class item number that you want to add.
- Click the Submit Add/Drop button. Registration is blocked for the class and a message appears indicating that you do not automatically meet the prerequisite and a course entry code is required. In the blank field next to the message, enter the 5-digit code.
- Each code is specific to the quarter and the course, but not to a specific section (item number) of the course.
- Each code can only be used once. If you need to change sections, you will need to contact the department for another code.
Additional reasons registration for a class may be blocked are:
- You are trying to register before your assigned registration date.
- You are a new student at Shoreline CC and have an advising requirement. This is true if you do not have previous college experience and are planning to study a certificate or degree program here. Please contact your advisor for more information.
- The class is already full. You will have an opportunity to add yourself to the waitlist.