TESTING REQUIREMENT - UPDATE
Shoreline Community College Nursing Program Applicant Information
If you are interested in applying to the Nursing program, please review the admissions points information.
- Beginning with the Fall 2018 Nursing Program application all students are required to take the NLN-PAX (National League for Nursing - Pre-Admission Exam. (the COMPASS and AccuPlacer Exams no longer are required for applicants to the Nursing Program).
- Registration information for the NLN-PAX
- A Student Guide to NLN Testing Portal can be accessed at the Shoreline Community College Testing Center.
- All applications that are submitted by the application deadline will be evaluated.
- Please check back here regularly as new and updated information will be posted as needed.
If the usual deadline for application is on a weekend or holiday, applications will be accepted on the next business day.
|FOR ENTRY INTO||APPLICATION
For verbal, math and science
must be taken no earlier than
|Fall Quarter||Jan. 15- Apr. 3||January 15th the previous year||April 3, 4:30 p.m.|
|Winter Quarter||Aug. 15- Oct. 3||August 15th the previous year||October 3, 4:30 p.m.|
|Spring Quarter||Nov. 15-Jan. 3||November 15th the previous year||January 3, 4:30 p.m.|
The NLN-PAX is a nursing application screening requirement which ALL APPLICANTS MUST COMPLETE regardless of previous degrees or coursework.
- The Accuplacer test is no longer required for applicants to the Nursing Program.
- The NLN-PAX has three sections, each 40 minutes in length - verbal, math, and science.
- The cost of the NLN-PAX at Shoreline Community College is $39.00 (each attempt).
- Students may take the test twice per application period. Your score must reach the 50th percentile with a Composite Test Score of at least 103.
- The Nursing Program will accept PAX test scores from other accredited nursing schools.
- There are also study guides available
- If you need testing accommodations information can be found on the main NLN web page after you have created an account.
REQUIRED NLN-PAX TEST SCORES: always keep a copy of your results for your own records
|NLN-PAX Test Scores Requirements||
Test Score Accepted
Taken within 1 year of the 1st day of the application
period of the quarter that you are applying for