LGBTQ Statewide Community College Student Success Initiative
LGBTQ Programs and Services
- Campus Safe Zones Projects
- Workshops & Presentations
- Student Club
- Student, Staff, and Faculty Professional Development
- Course Offerings
- Library Resources & Studies
- Counseling Resources
In the Local News
- Gay or Lesbian? New questions for community college students this fall
- Edmonds Community College adopts new LGBTQ initiative
- Wash. Colleges Start Tracking Students' Sexual Orientation And Gender Identity
- Are you gay? Colleges want to know
Shoreline is committed to promoting an inclusive, welcoming and safe learning environment for LGBTQ students. To better serve students and enhance student success, Shoreline and the other community colleges in Washington are asking for voluntary data that will allow us to improve educational programs and services that support student engagement and student success.
Shoreline is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are working to enhance programs and services by increasing LGBTQ awareness, knowledge and skills that support academic excellence, community action and student success.
What is the immediate impact?
When students register for Winter 2013 classes, they will see two new optional questions on the registration form:
1. What is your sexual orientation?
2. What is your gender identity?
Answering these questions is optional and the information gathered is confidential. Any information from this initiative will be used only to help us design and implement programs and services that provide meaningful and rewarding learning opportunities for all students.
Please see commonly asked questions and answers for more specific details about the initiative and how it is being implemented.