Multicultural Center’s Short-Term Emergency Loan
The Multicultural Center provides short term loans for books, course supplies, partial tuition, utility bills, moving expenses, and transportation needs. The loan cannot repay prior debts at the college or be used towards Nelnet payment installments.
- Books and course-required supplies: Costs verified with SCC Bookstore estimate.
- Emergency: An emergency constitutes a hardship which would prevent a student from continuing school or fulfilling class requirements.
Important Loan Dates 2018-19
|Quarter||Loan Processing Begins||Loan Processing Ends||Loan Due Date|
|Spring||March 26, 2019||May 22, 2019||June 13, 2019|
|Summer||June 26, 2019||August 1, 2019||August 22, 2019|
- Must currently be registered at SCC.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Continuing students below a 2.0 cumulative Grade Point Average, may be eligible with agreement.
- First quarter students may be eligible for loan with agreement.
Complete a Short-Term Emergency Loan Application Online
Staff will review for completeness and schedule your in-person loan appointment.
Note: Additional information may be requested during your loan appointment.
- Submitting an application does not guarantee financial assistance.
- Only one (1) loan will be awarded per quarter. There is a one-time service charge of $5
- Loan cannot pay for already purchased books, prior quarter debts, fines, collection accounts.
- Loan is made for the current academic quarter; cannot pay tuition balances owed to vendors such as nelnet®. Restrictions may apply for Short-term Loans requested by distance learning students.
- Loan decisions are made on a case-by-case basis and fund availability.
- The maximum loan amount is $800 and reduces each week until three weeks prior to the due date at which time loan processing is finished for the quarter.
- Checks it will take 1-2 days of additional processing to obtain a check.
- For book loans, partial tuition, parking passes, or bus cards you will be able to process these after the loan appointment.
- For partial tuition payment you will need to pay off your complete tuition amount due at the time of processing the loan paperwork to apply towards the overall amount.