Out of state students

States served by Shoreline's Online Programs

Students from all states and the District of Columbia are welcome to apply now. Shoreline Community College is not authorized to accept students located in Colorado into the Health Information Technology Curriculum. Contact eLearning Services with questions at eLearning@shoreline.edu.

Admission into a program is dependent on program availability in the state where the student is physically located at the time of acceptance. Students will not be able to register for more classes if they move to a state where Shoreline Community College does not offer programs. It is the student’s responsibility to notify the institution of a change in physical presence.

Non-Washington resident fully online students may be eligible for a waiver of the non-resident tuition differential. Tuition rates are listed here.

Students who have paid tuition and withdraw from class(es) during the first three weeks of the quarter (or Summer equivalent) may have a refund owing.  Refund schedule.

Shoreline Community College SARA Institution

State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement

Shoreline Community College is a member of the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA).  SARA is an agreement among member states that establishes comparable national standards for interstate offering of postsecondary distance education courses and programs. SARA’s intent is  to make it easier for students to take online courses offered by postsecondary institutions based in another state.

Professional licensure

Shoreline Community College’s online courses and programs do not lead to professional licensure. Shoreline's Education online courses and programs do not lead to teacher certification for public schools. However, all of our courses and programs are fully accredited and course credits may transfer to university programs that may lead to state professional licensure. Please contact elearning staff with any questions at eLearning@shoreline.edu.  

Student Complaints 

As part of the process of gaining approval to serve out-of-state students, state and federal guidelines require us to provide information about resolving complaints about our instruction or student services.

The Washington Student Achievement Council (WSAC) has authority to investigate student complaints against specific schools. WSAC may not be able to investigate every student complaint. Visit Washington Student Achievement Council Student Complaint Process for information regarding the WSAC complaint process.