Access & Disburse Aid
Fall Quarter Financial Aid will be delayed
Due to the transition to ctcLink, determination of financial aid eligibility for Fall Quarter students will be delayed.
- Students who have applied for financial aid will have their classes placed on hold to prevent them from being dropped for non-payment while the Financial Aid office reviews their files to determine financial aid eligibility
- Please plan accordingly to purchase books and supplies for your classes
- Check out Shoreline's other funding options
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we transition to the new state-wide technology system.
The Financial Aid Office will process complete aid applications in the order in which they are received. The office will determine aid eligibility for each student and will notify them of their financial aid offer by email.
Students enrolled in less than full time credits, 12 or more credits, will need to notify the Financial Aid Office of their enrollment level. Waitlisted classes will not be counted as registered classes. Grants and waivers apply directly toward tuition and applicable fees first. Loan funds apply after all steps in the loan process have been completed. Any remaining funds are made available to the student as a refund.
Please Note: All debts owed to the College, such as parking tickets or library fines, must be paid before students can receive their financial aid refund. Students should start each quarter with some of their own funds to pay for books and other expenses.
Fall Quarter 2022:
- Grant funds will be delayed
- Loan funds will be delayed
Note: Please notify the Financial Aid Office if you are planning to attend Fall Quarter.
Funds are available if students:
- Are awarded financial aid. Award notifications are generally sent to the students' preferred email account. Award notification information can be found in ctcLink. Learn how to check your award status in ctcLink
- Are making the required academic progress
- Are registered for the correct number of credits
- Do not have a block on their account (i.e., parking fine, library fine, past tuition debt). Contact the Cashiers Office if you believe there may be a block on your account.
Financial aid refunds are disbursed through our partner BankMobile, a financial services company serving higher education.
To learn how accessing your disbursements and refunds works, visit BankMobile's How It Works page
Learn more by viewing Shoreline's contract with BankMobile.
Make sure your contact information is up to date within your ctcLink account to receive your refund.