Shoreline Community College can help you apply for aid and access a full range of financial assistance programs. Eligibility for each program can vary widely, so it is important to understand the requirements for the particular types of aid you may be seeking.
2019 - 2020 Award year
*You can apply for financial aid after these deadlines. If you miss the deadline you may still be eligible for aid, however you should plan to pay all tuition and fees until your eligibility is determined. Please contact our office for information about payment options.
Aid disbursements and refunds
All financial aid refunds are disbursed through our partner BankMobile, a financial services company serving higher education. With this refund disbursement process you will have the ability to access your refund. You will be mailed a refund selection kit and an email to access your personal code. Your personal code is important and will be used to validate your identity.
Winter Quarter 2019:
Grant funds will be available Friday, January 4, 2019
Loan funds will be available beginning Friday, January 4th, 2019
You must select your refund preference at BankMobile:
Step 1: Activate your account at Bank Mobile
Step 2: Select your Refund Delivery method. You may choose from the following delivery methods:
* Electronic ACH transfer to an existing bank account.
* Bank Mobile Vibe Account - A debit card will be issued after you select to open an account. this card will have the Shoreline logo.
* Paper check, issued by Bank Mobile.
Students who have not selected a refund preference after 13 days from the date the refund was initiated have the opportunity to request immediate pick-up at the Cashier's Office, FOSS (5000) Building, Room 5227, Shoreline Community College, 16101 Greenwood Ave North, Shoreline, WA 98133, OR a check will be mailed from Bank Mobile to the student's address on record. It is very important to keep your address updated and current at Shoreline Community College.
Funds are available if students:
- Are awarded financial aid (award notifications are generally sent to student go.shoreline.edu email accounts)
- Are making the required academic progress
- Registered for the correct number of credits
- Do not have a block on their account (i.e., parking fine)