COVID-19 Emergency Funds
Emergency Funds Update
All spring quarter COVID-19 emergency funds have been dispersed. Applications for fall quarter funds will open in September 2020. Please check back for updated information.
If you are a student experiencing financial challenges due to COVID-19 that may prevent you from being successful, you may qualify for a special emergency grant from the federal CARES Act.
- You may apply for COVID-19 emergency funds if you need help paying for tuition, fees, course materials, food, housing, technology, healthcare, or childcare expenses
- These expenses must be directly related to changes due to the coronavirus
According to Department of Education guidelines, if you have filed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or are eligible to do so, then you qualify to apply for these funds. To be considered for this emergency funding, you must:
- Be an admitted and registered student in the 2020-21 school year
- Be a US citizen or an eligible non-citizen
- Have a social security number
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Not be enrolled in a program that was already 100% online before the COVID-19 pandemic
- For male students, have registered for selective service (not applicable for students who arrived in the US after age 26)
How to Apply
- Fill out the online application form in September
- A priority deadline will be posted in the fall, however, students may continue to apply after this date until all funds are distributed
- You will be asked to specify the dollar amount you need for one or more categories of expenses
- You will be asked to provide information about your circumstances related to COVID-19 and you may upload supporting documents
- You will need to enter your Shoreline student identification number (SID) and personal identification number (PIN) on the application
Distribution of Funds
- Funds will be disbursed as quickly as possible to students
- Please note: all tuition and fees must be paid in full before other funds requested will be disbursed
- This grant does not need to be repaid and will not negate or replace any financial aid you may already be receiving
- You may reapply for this grant in fall quarter 2020, winter quarter 2021, and spring quarter 2021, as funds remain available
If you have questions or need help filling out the form, please email COVIDemail@example.com.
If you are in need of immediate food or housing assistance, please connect with our Benefits Hub for help.