Success Coaching = learning how to do college
Being a college student is a learned skill. You need:
- Effective study habits
- Time management skills
- Ability to balance academic and personal commitments
- Goal setting and prioritization skills
- Focus and concentration
- Understanding of how to navigate and access resources
All of these take practice. A Success Coach can help you develop these skills and more to make sure you get the most out of college. Best of all, tools you gain will serve you through your career and life.
How do I meet with a Success Coach?
You can also attend Virtual Drop-In Hours on Wednesdays between 9:30am and 11:30am.
Attend one or both of our small group workshops at the beginning of each quarter, Time Management and Study Smarter, Not Harder. Workshops are:
- Free (with free food provided)
- Offered quarterly
- Open to everyone
- Walk-in; no sign-up required
- A great way to meet other motivated students
Check the advising calendar for workshop dates and times as well as other advising and counseling events you may find helpful.
Should I meet with a Success Coach?
You should consider meeting with a success coach if you identify with any of the following statements:
- I feel overwhelmed trying to balance my commitments
- I’m unsure how to excel in my academics and still make time for self care
- I need help setting and establishing goals and priorities
- I’m falling behind in my studies and would like help catching up
- I don’t know how to connect with on- and off-campus resources including food, housing, and financial assistance
- I want to learn how to sharpen my focus and concentration
- I want to stay on better track with my schedule: daily, weekly, quarterly
- I know my GPA could be higher but am unsure where to start
- I want to boost my confidence before transferring to a four-year college