Adult Basic Education (ABE)
ABE classes build skills for life, work and school.
What can I gain from ABE classes?
- Improve your reading, writing and math skills
- Build basic skills for college
- College placement and other test preparation
- Gain employability skills
Who can take ABE classes?
In order to take the classes you must:
- Be at least 16 years old
- Not be enrolled in a high school
- If you are an ESL student, you must be in level 6 or higher
How do I get started?
Attend an ABE Registration & Enrollment Session. Visit our office or call 206-533-6720 to sign up for the next session. The 3-day session includes:
- General information about Adult Basic Education and high school completion options
- Completion of your registration paperwork
- Placement test: you will take assessment tests in reading and math