General Education Outcomes
Students will demonstrate college-level skills and knowledge in applying the principles of mathematics and logic.
- Perform basic arithmetical and algebraic computations.
Addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
Use equations to find unknowns.
Express quantitative results using appropriate units of measurement.
Use size and orders of magnitude appropriately.
- Use and manipulate quantitative information to draw conclusions.
- Reduce information to symbolic form.
- Draw conclusions based on symbolic manipulation.
- Choose appropriate mathematical/logical techniques to organize and analyze information using equations, tables or graphs.
- Move between written, symbolic, numeric, visual and graphic forms during analysis.
- Assess reasonableness of quantitative conclusions.
- Use quantitative techniques to validate conclusions.
- Construct abstract models of actual events that can predict outcomes.
- Communicate clearly using quantitative information.
- Express quantitative conclusions in written, symbolic, numeric and graphic form.
- Assess which forms communicate most clearly to a given audience.