General Education Outcomes
General Intellectual Abilities
Students will think critically within a discipline, identify connections and relationships among disciplines, and use an integrated approach to analyze new situations.
- Think critically within a discipline.
- Identify and express concepts, terms and facts related to a specific discipline.
- Recognize how the values and biases in different disciplines can affect the ways in which data is analyzed.
- Discuss issues and questions within a discipline.
- Identify, interpret and evaluate pertinent data and previous experience to reach conclusions.
- Evaluate decisions by analyzing outcomes and the impact of actions.
- Identify connections and relationships among disciplines.
- Identify similarities and differences in the ways in which data is collected and analyzed in different disciplines.
- Discuss consequences of expressed and tacit assumptions in specific disciplines.
- Collect and analyze relevant data for a specific issue.
- Expand perspectives by identifying and evaluating connections and relationships among disciplines.
- Use an integrated approach to problem solving in new and potentially ambiguous situations.
- Identify information, skills, experience and abilities acquired in various academic and professional fields to facilitate problem solving in new circumstances.
- Describe how one's own preconceptions, biases and values affect one's response to new and ambiguous situations.
- Use various strategies of inquiry, to reach conclusions in new and ambiguous situations.
- Recognize, acknowledge and accept ambiguity.