Purchasing & Supply Chain Management
Purchasing and supply chain management focuses on the fundamental aspects of the supply/value chain, including methods to improve how organizations find the materials and services needed to make a product or service and deliver it to customers. Supply chain management encompasses the management of all activities involved in sourcing, procurement, production, logistics and customer relations. It also includes the crucial components of coordination and collaboration with channel partners, which can be suppliers, intermediaries, third-party service providers, and customers.
Shoreline offers four fully online program options. Any one of these credentials may make you more competitive for a raise, a promotion or can simply to bolster the skill set you already possess.
- The 90-credit Associate in Applied Arts and Sciences degree provides an in-depth focus of the field. Students learn related business and accounting practices such as standard policies and operating procedures, negotiation techniques, planning, organization, and the legal aspects of purchasing.
- The 51-credit Certificate of Proficiency is similar to the AAAS but is shorter and primarily includes business and supply chain classes.
- The 41-credit Certificate of Completion with a focus on sustainable business practices. This certificate adds three, 5-credit business classes to the 26-credit certificate of completion below.
- The 26-credit Certificate of Completion leads to entry level positions in the supply chain field. Students interested in advancement are encouraged to enroll in a longer course of study to complete additional certificates or an AAAS degree.
The demand for skilled and knowledgeable professionals continues to grow in business organizations and government agencies. Entry-level annual salaries typically range from $30,000 to 45,000. Potential employers include: Manufacturing and Construction Companies, Retail Stores, Educational Institutions, Government Agencies (federal, state, counties, and cities), Public Utilities, Wholesale, Services and Distribution Firms.
Degree & Certificate Options
- Purchasing and Supply Chain management Associate Degree in Applied Arts & Sciences
- Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Certificate of Proficiency
- Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Certificate of Completion
- Sustainable Purchasing & Supply Chain Management Certificate of Completion
Workers at small and mid-size manufacturers interested in Shoreline's program may qualify for tuition assistance through the Center of Excellence for Global Trade and Supply Chain Management housed at Highline College.
Office: Room 1408
Get Started Now