Free Online Tutoring
Shoreline students can access free online tutoring through the college's membership in the Western eTutoring Consortium (WeTC). As of June 2015, WeTC consisted of 48 colleges and universities in six western states. Students can interact with tutors in an online chatroom, submit eQuestions (such as when they're stuck on a math problem), and submit papers to the online writing lab and expect a response within 2-48 hours.
Students can participate in online tutoring for the following subjects:
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Engineering (Circuits & Digital Systems only)
- Math (Developmental through Trig.)
- Microsoft Office
- Web Development (HTML, CSS, & Dreamweaver)
- Writing (for any course)
To access eTutoring:
- Go to www.etutoring.org.
- Click on the red Login arrow.
- Select Western eTutoring Consortium.
- Select Shoreline Community College from the pull-down menu.
- In the “Login” window choose Student and follow the directions for logging in.
Shoreline students have access to eTutoring throughout the dates below. Access ends each quarter during finals week and is not available during quarter breaks:
- Summer: June 20 – August 11, 2016