Academic and Peer Support
Small group quarterly seminars and workshops provide critical skills to create a strong application, prepare for exams, and succeed in interviews. Shoreline Community College students have successfully entered competitive graduate health professional programs by demonstrating a strong academic record and a strong application portfolio.
- Osteopathic Medicine - Saturday, February 10 @ 11:00am in room 1104
- Hear from a former post-bacc student talks about his experiences leading up to his 4th year at Pacific Northwest University of the Health Sciences Osteophatic Medical School (Yakima)
- MCAT Preparation - Saturday, February 10 @ 12:00pm in room 2723
- Learn how to prepare from Shoreline Post-Bacc student, Jenn Merk.
- Options in Nursing: Multiple Pathways to RN - Tuesday, March 6 @ 12:30 in room 9202
- Learn about your options as a post-bacc student going into the field of nursing from Joyce Fagel
- Life of a Physician: Working with Latino and Minority Patients who have Diabetes -
Saturday, March 10 @ 11am in room 2723
- Be inspired by Dr. Lorena Alacon-Casas Wright, MD
- UW Physician Assistant Programs - Tuesday, March 20 @ 3:30pm in room 1104
- Learn about the multiple UW locations for Physician Assistant Programs and how to be a strong candidate
One Credit Seminar
Saturdays, 10:00-11:50 a.m., April 21, May 5, May 19, June 2, June 16
- SCI 286: Applying to Graduate Health Professional Schools
This seminar is for Post-Baccalaureate students getting ready to apply to graduate-level health professional schools. Topics include: choosing schools, writing about work and activities, writing an effective personal statement, planning letters of evaluation, and preparing for the interview.
For more info and to register, contact Joyce Fagel, Academic Advisor, firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit this site often for updated information.