Upcoming Workshops for Spring Quarter - Tentative Schedule
We will be offering four workshops this quarter to help guide you through this process. These will possibly be on Thursdays in May from 4:00 to 5:30 PM on the following topics:
- Choosing Schools and Financial Planning
- The Application Essay
- Letters of Recommendation
- Practicing the Interview
About the program
The Shoreline Community College Post Baccalaureate Studies for the Health Professions (PBS) is a comprehensive program designed to support college graduates who intend to pursue careers in the health professions, and need additional college courses to prepare for graduate level professional schools, such as dental, medical, nutrition, pharmacy, physical therapy, physician assistant, and more.
Students who have not yet taken prerequisite courses for their chosen professional school, or who have some and need to take additional courses.
Students who need to enhance their course quality and GPA for entrance into professional schools or whose prerequisite courses are outdated.
Features of the program
- Rigorous Advanced Coursework: Shoreline Community College science courses are recognized as equivalent to university courses. Learn more.
- Small Classes: Shoreline Community College science courses are small in size and are taught by excellent instructors, who teach both the lecture and lab components. Learn more.
- Academic and Peer Support: Small group seminars and quarterly workshops provide critical skills to create a strong application, prepare for exams, and succeed in interviews. Learn more.
- Personalized Advising: Get one-on-one support from dedicated advisors to help you successfully reach your goals. Learn more.
Digital Portfolio Tool: Participants have free access to AdviseStream, an online student planning, portfolio, and application management system designed for pre-health students. Learn more.
- World Renowned Location: Study in the beautiful Pacific Northwest with nearby access to Seattle’s top medical facilities and renowned research centers. Learn more.
- Flexible Schedule: Start any quarter in the academic year and we can create a customized course plan for you. Learn more.
- Affordable Tuition: Typically, tuition at Shoreline costs only about one-third as much as the same classes at a four-year state school. We also offer a variety of funding options. Learn more.
Admission to the program
- Eligibility: Students who have already earned at least a Bachelor's degree are eligible to apply to the PBS. Students can begin during any quarter. No entrance exam is required.
- Application: Interested students should first apply to Shoreline Community College. Then, they should email a PBS advisor to schedule an informational interview.