New for Winter
One credit seminars open to Shoreline and Post-Bacc students from other schools.
SCI 284: Preparing for Graduate Health Professions 1
SCI 285: Preparing for Graduate Health Professions 2
Saturdays 10:00 to 11:50 a.m.; bi-weekly starting Jan. 13
About the program
The Shoreline Community College Post Baccalaureate Studies for the Health Professions (PBS) is a comprehensive program designed to support college graduates who intend to pursue careers in the health professions, and need additional college courses to prepare for graduate level professional schools, such as dental, medical, nutrition, pharmacy, physical therapy, physician assistant, and more. Open to students seeking to change careers or enhance their academic record.
- Rigorous Advanced Coursework: Shoreline Community College science courses are recognized as equivalent to university courses, including intensive 400-level courses.
- Academic and Peer Support: Small group seminars and quarterly workshops provide critical skills to create a strong application, prepare for exams, and succeed in interviews.
- Personalized Advising: Get one-on-one support from dedicated advisors to help you successfully reach your goals.
Digital Portfolio Tool: Get free access to AdviseStream, an online student planning, portfolio, and application management system designed for pre-health students.
- World Renowned Location: Study in the beautiful Pacific Northwest with nearby access to Seattle and its top medical facilities and renowned research centers.
- Small Classes: Science courses are small in size and are taught by experienced instructors, who teach both the lecture and lab.
- Affordable Tuition: Typically, tuition at Shoreline costs only about one-third as much as the same classes at a four-year state school. Funding options available.
Students who have not yet taken prerequisite courses for their chosen professional school, or who have some and need to take additional courses.
Students who need to enhance their course quality and GPA for entrance into professional schools or whose prerequisite courses are outdated.
- Already completed at least a Bachelor's degree
- Intent to pursue graduate level professional schools, such as dental, medical, nutrition, pharmacy, physical therapy, physician assistant, and more
- Open admission policy. Begin any quarter. No standardized exam scores (GRE, MCAT) are required.
How to Apply
- Contact a PBS advisor to review transcripts and begin creating a plan. Include your undergraduate transcripts, any applicable test scores (optional), and graduate application statement (if available).
- Apply to Shoreline Community College.
- Register for pre-health classes and attend PBS seminars.
- Join AdviseStream. Your advisor will send you a password; enter Basic Profile details.
The science education that I received at Shoreline Community College was first-class. I felt extremely prepared in the sciences when I entered medical school. The instructors taught me how to think and approach problems scientifically, and the lab experience I received was definitely of university level or higher. I am lucky that I chose SCC for my pre-req work.Rie Schur
Prior: BA: Boston University (Italian) and MA: Seattle University (Education)
Post Baccalaureate Studies: Shoreline Community College (Pre-Health)
Graduate Program: Bastyr University (Naturopathic Medicine)