- Notify all employees and students through distribution of this policy that unlawful
manufacture, distribution, dispensation, possession or use of controlled substances
is prohibited in the college community.
- Advise and assist individuals within the college community seeking help with substance
abuse problems and provide information about counseling, rehabilitation and employee
- In accordance with existing policy and state law, take appropriate personnel action
against employees who manufacture, distribute, dispense, possess or use illegal drugs.
Failure to correct unsatisfactory job performance or behavior, for whatever reason,
will result in appropriate disciplinary action, including, when necessary, termination.
- Take corrective action against students, faculty, exempt or classified staff which
is in accordance with the appropriate statutes, policies, procedures and/or negotiated
- Reaffirm the State of Washington policy on alcoholism and drug dependency.