Students are often referred to SCC by their high school counselors.  You are eligible for Running Start if you meet the following criteria:

  • You will be in the 11th or 12th grade by your first quarter of Running Start. Grade status is determined by the high school.  
  • You are currently enrolled in a public high school. Private school students must register in a public high school to be eligible for Running Start. Homeschool students must enroll with a homeschool resource center or the public school district in which they reside.  
  • You place in college level English through the ASSET or COMPASS assessment. Students must qualify for college level Writing, English 101 and college level reading, English 101.  
  • You meet program application dates.