COMPASS and ASSET
As of December 1, 2016, it will no longer be possible to take the Compass or ASSET test. However, you can still use Compass or ASSET scores for placement up to two years after the test date.
Compass and ASSET Placement Scores
What do I do next?
To use your Compass or ASSET scores from Shoreline's testing center* for placement or to meet a prerequisite, choose one of the following options:
- Bring a copy of your test scores with you when meeting with an advisor to select classes.
- If you are ready to register in person, bring your completed registration form with a copy of your Compass test scores to the second floor of the FOSS (5000) Building (campus map).
- If you are ready to register online and need to meet a prerequisite, you can email
a scanned copy of your scores to email@example.com, along with the following information:
- Your full name
- Your Student ID Number
- Name of the course (example: MATH 099)
- Name of the instructor: (example: Bogart, S.)
- Item number (example: 1187)
If space is available and you have met the appropriate placement or prerequisite, you will be registered for the class based on your email request.
* If you were placed into a course at another Washington State college based on your Compass or ASSET scores, click here.